Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 24 December 2008

Christmas Eve.

The house is full of family, noise and muddy boots. Vytas and Kate arrived at lunchtime in Kate's new car. The yard is getting full with 4 cars in it and a 5th arriving on Monday. I couldn't persuade anyone to come for a walk on the cliffs and as my car was blocked in I decided to go for a gentle stroll up the hill and along the lanes. I chatted with some neighbours who were passing in their car and said hello to a young lass who was out running. As she went on she called out a cheery 'Merry Christmas' and it reminded me how just a simple greeting can make you smile. 


Everything was rather grey and misty with little contrast.
Secret signs in the trees.
I'm quite pleased with this bare Beech hedge shot.
Back home Gemma took some portrait pictures of moi which she is going to photoshop to clear away the wrinkles etc. This was a fun shot of me and my twin (in the mirror). She's just shown me one and it looks amazing, she's wiped off 30 years.
www.flickr.com/gemmiev 

1 comment:

Domestic Executive said...

Hey Ruta,

I like your character lines!

Seems you are ready for the festivities to begin. Wishing you a wonderful wonderful family Christmas. It's Christmas morning here in NZ and ours have just begun with the customary cuppa and cookie!

Look forward to catching up with more photos from your blog. The hedge one is definitely great.

Love and best, J