Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 20 December 2008

Taxi Service of Mum and Dad.

Linas and Romas mixed up their travel arrangements down to MIA for an Airsoft Santa Hunt Day so Peter had to drive them down to Bude first thing in the morning. They both managed to get lifts back to Barnstaple but at different times so I ended up driving twice into town to collect them. 



While everyone was out I decided that it was about time I rescued the Christmas tree from outside and set it up in the sitting room. This year I bought a no-drop tree, quite a change from the last few years when I had brought home the massive school trees in the back of my landrover. Even with trimming to ceiling height they were big and bushy and shed lots of needles. I had to stop to watch the finals of Strictly Come Dancing so I've only just finished putting up the decorations. As I put the decorations on the tree my mind has already been on which ones I would want to keep if we do move to NZ. Which has just reminded me that somewhere in the bags of spare decorations are some clear glass drops that I do want on the tree. The rest of the house is fairly minimal, just some strands of tinsel and my snazzy blue led lights in the kitchen. I expect the boys will raid the bags to glitz up their rooms, they usually do. I still remember, from when I was little,the decorations in a Swedish shop in Knightsbridge. The shop had plain white walls but in the window were red (probably artificial) apples hanging from different lengths of red ribbon. Simple but so effective. I have to rein myself back from lots of sparkle and glitz everywhere though I am quite fussy about colour. I may have time to make a big swag for the mantlepiece in the kitchen using leylandii as the base with a few added decorations.

2 comments:

Catching the Magic said...

Gorgeous tree! Looks like you've been having a busy and fun time. Have a great Christmas!

Domestic Executive said...

No drop Christmas tree - sounds like a great idea. We've had a fresh one this year and already it's shedding loads of needles. Makes me remember whilst I went off real trees for Christmas!

You decorations look very festive!