Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 14 December 2008

Beauty On My Doorstep.

It has been a typical chilly damp winter's day today. After a session weeding around the pond, in the shade so rather cold, I decided to take a walk back up the stream that runs down the valley past the back of the house. Once I had negotiated my way past the holly branches growing across the stream at face level I found a beautiful hidden world. Its been quite a few years since I've been for a walk up there. Over the babbling and burbling of the stream I heard a few extra splashes, I looked carefully and in the crystal clear water saw a fat 9" trout frantically making its way past me. I had a lovely walk up the stream taking lots of photos of the mossy tree trunks, clear pools and sparkling waterfalls.
































Peter just came home happy as Larry having been on a clay shoot over at Keypits with people from the local independent brewery, Barum Brewery. http://www.barumbrewery.co.uk/






2 comments:

Marrisa said...

Ruta your photos are amazing. Such beautiful natural beauty. Keep them photos coming! x

happyone said...

Oh I love your pictures. I'm always drawn to the water ones.