Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 23 July 2009

Getting Ready For Camp.

This morning I woke up without the usual burning pain in my arm . I think I have finally found a way of supporting my arm so that it's not pulling on the damaged shoulder muscle. Let's hope so. I've also been trying hard to maintain good posture and not hunching forwards.
This morning I took the boys into town. Linas had to have a blood test and Romas needed more clothes for camp. Luckily trousers, shorts and sacks were all cheap enough at Primark and Peacocks sale. I always worry about the low prices at Primark, are they at the expense of child labour in the third world ? Today I saw that they had a sign up giving a website and stating that all their goods are ethically produced. True or just canny marketing ?
My task achieved today is clearing a big section of the paving around the scree garden of the weeds and moss that spring up between the slabs. The weather today has been warm, windy, and sunny mixed with sudden showers. I did take some time out to sit with a cup of tea and read a book.

The butterflies are gradually beginning to appear. This one has the lovely name of The Gatekeeper.
As I sat enjoying the sunshine and a cup of tea I spotted some successful colour combinations in the scree garden.
Two shades of purple form the buddlia and the lavender against the grey foliage of the lavender and the santolina.

The tomato red of crocosmia lucifer against the foliage of a white buddlia, (white leaves and flowers).
And a couple of photos from yesterday.

A piece of sheep's wool caught on a seed head and blowing in the wind. This almost looks like a studio shot.

Bird's foot trefoil already going to seed.
Off for an early night in a minute leaving Romas to pack all his stuff in Pete's car ready for our early morning departure.

1 comment:

Domestic Executive said...

More fantastic pictures from your garden, cheered me up from the gloom of rain and wind we've been having.

Glad you've found a way to get respite from your pain.