Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 2 July 2009

The Monsoon Arrives.

It was a warm night last night, 25C in our bedroom even with the windows open. Early this morning, as I drove up the hill, I could see the promised rain clouds looming.
By lunchtime , after a muggy morning, the rain arrived - big time. I'd gone up to the staffroom to print some photos and the heavens simply opened. I decided to wait out the rain before venturing across the flooded playground back to the main building. Unusually, it has stayed very warm even with the rain.

Back home after a tiring day, ( the children seemed to be especially noisy today after investigating ice and eating their ice lollies), the rain continued unabated. So I went out and took more rose pictures anyway.






The arum lilies make wonderful shapes as they unfurl. I've a couple of main clumps which tend to seed themselves around the garden.




The house is extra quiet tonight as Romas is back down in Bude for a band practice or a gig. All this rain won't be good for the beach parties they always seem to be having.

3 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What lovely rose photos - even in the rain.

Julie said...

it has been raining off and on here too. Real downpours and then done. THose are great shots of the flowers!

Domestic Executive said...

Oh I am jealous, you've got such wonderful things to photograph. You've captured the beauty of the plants and the drops of rain just make them even more attractive.