Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 3 July 2009

It's Friday !

It's Friday and it really feels like the start of the wind down for the end of term ( & the school year). The temperature is slightly lower and the sun made a welcome reappearance this afternoon. In the morning I and the children had fun with lots of ice and toy polar bears etc and I was able to slip in some addition into the activity. In the afternoon we had a very good theatre group, ( of 3 actors) who taught the children songs before doing an excellent performance of Alice in Wonderland. I suspect our Headteacher will be spending tomorrow turning the school into a pink and purple wonderland for her colour themed retirement party on Sunday. The latest estimate is 1,000 people coming along !
Back home I did my sit ups before having an alfresco meal with Peter. We sat up by the scree garden and caught the last rays of the sun before it disappeared from our valley.



As usual we were joined by the cats waiting for any scraps that might just fall their way. Squeeky sat waiting patiently,


While Smudge attempted to see if there was any way up onto the table without us noticing. Patch and Elwen had already run off with some spare rib bones.
The lavender bushes in the scree garden have started to flower. I think that the grey foliage and purple flowers look good against the grey stone of the scree garden.



The scree garden is more about structure and foliage rather than flower colour and I love the formal shapes of the globe aliums even once they've lost their colour.

3 comments:

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Ruta; Sounds like a very large party and sounds like fun. I just love the lavender, how beautiful it is, and the smell,,, oh my just love it... I have two plants that are doing well, they are starting to turn purple and they smell so sweet, I hope to dry some for making little pillow for my dresser draws... your kitties are just to sweet, and cute...
I hope you have a beautiful weekend.

Hugs;
Alaura

happyone said...

I love the smell of lavender and it's so pretty. It's blooming over here by me too.
School terms seem to go longer over by you than here. Kids here have out for a couple of weeks now. They go back to school the end of August.

Domestic Executive said...

Great snaps Ruta. The cats are so charming and seemingly clever to get what they want. I've also loved scree/alpine beds because of their architectural nature. One day I might get something special like that at out place but it would be overwhelming right now.