Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 27 July 2009

A Quiet Day At Home.

The weather today has alternated between torrential downpours and blazing hot sunshine. I've spent my day tidying, cleaning and doing some work in the garden.
Later in the afternoon I took some time out to just sit in the sun and read a book by the scree garden.

The buddlia and lavender are attracting many bees and some butterflies. I was intrigued by a number of these large bees ? which were nearly 2 cms long. Their eyes give them away as flies. I've looked them up in my handy wildlife book and I think they are a bumble bee mimic, Volucella bombylans.

1 comment:

Domestic Executive said...

I have such romantic thoughts of you reading your book in that wonderful garden you have. I wish I could find the time just to sit and read. I tend to have a pile of books by the bedside and read in spurts rather than take a while during the day when I am more awake to read. Typical English weather by the sounds of it :o)