Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 20 July 2009

No Physio Today.

My reward for driving into Barnstaple last night was a spectacular sunset. I got this shot by climbing on a gate at the top of the drive. This morning was a lovely contrast, warm and sunny , but then it turned to showers again. I went up to the hospital for my physio only to find it is tomorrow ! I had a few things to do in town including calling in at the Next and Monsoon sales. I'll have to wait until Monsoon reduce their things by 75% rather than the current 50% as their prices are so high. I went into Primark and found some beach towels reduced to £2 so I bought 4, also lots of fun socks reduced to 50p for 2 pairs.
Out in the garden the crocosmia lucifer is in full bloom around Zulu's pampas grass.
Today I did 2 things of note, I contacted teaching agencies in New Zealand, one of which already wants to speak to me by phone : and I got out my jewellery making kit, restrung some victorian glass beads to make a necklace I would actually wear and adapted a bracelet I had been given. I took off one set of dangling beads and replaced them with tiny blue glass beads. I quite often remake jewellery to suit my own style but haven't had much time since Christmas. I've got a few other little projects that I'm still designing in my head.

Not having been out in the garden for a few days I was delighted to see that the brightest of my 5 buddlias is flowering in the scree garden. The honey bees were out in force. Buddlias are so good for attracting bees and butterflies.


Romas and Linas were out raking up the drive before tomorrow's predicted deluge when they spotted this fledgling about to be pounced on by one of the cats. We put the baby wren in a box up in a bedroom while we rounded up the cats and shut them in the conservatory.



Then we took the little bird back up to the hedge where its parents were still calling frantically. It hopped away into the grass, after leaving a tiny poop on my hand, and hopefully the family has now been reunited.
Peter has just returned from having 5 painful injections in his wrist and finger. He decided that he would be fine driving himself to Exeter and back. I know he doesn't like my driving because I'm too cautious and not fast enough for him. He said the injections were very painful but already the swelling on his wrist has decreased dramatically.

No comments: