Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 21 July 2009

School In The Holidays

I finally saw the physio this morning. It seems that I have a strained shoulder muscle. (I had worked that one out.) The physio has given me some exercises and tips on doing my sit ups and what movement to avoid at the moment. The main thing is posture and not sitting hunched over the pc. So my mother was right all those times she told me to 'stand up straight'. I'll be going back in 2 weeks and he may strap up my shoulder then.
I've spent the rest of the day in school. It was hot and sticky and there is still lots to do. Today we sorted out the planning for the first half term and the detailed planning for the first week. I spent the rest of the time typing up class lists, labelling trays etc. Annoyingly I've left my reading glasses at work and I really need them for reading and for the pc. Right now I'm wearing Peter's reading glasses. I'll have to go back to school tomorrow to get my glasses when somebody is in to unlock and turn off the burglar alarm.
On the way home half of the sky was covered with thick black clouds with sunshine streaming through the other half.
I'm going to spend the rest of the evening making cloakroom labels for school and then it's an early night as I didn't have a good night last night.

3 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

Oh poor you. There is nothing worse than muscle strain. It has the ability to grip you and shake you just when you don't need any more pain. Hope it heals soon and you can get a decent nights sleep.

happyone said...

Such a pretty picture. It reminds me of a patchwork quilt.

SharpScott said...

I had to laugh about the reading glasses. I have worn glasses since I was two and have both bifocals and trifocals. A few years back I also was able to start wearing contacts except at work. When I am wearing contacts I have to have reading glasses handy. I gave up trying to remember to keep a pair with me so I now have 5 pairs scattered everywhere I might need them. :-) Good thing they are way less expensive than my prescription glasses!

I hope the exercises help your shoulder.