Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 27 May 2011

Another Holiday.

Much sunnier today. My morning was spent at school on an inset day. We had to split into groups and come up with phrases to define our outstanding learning/teaching environment. All the things we would expect to see, hear & feel. I think it was to make it clear to everybody what our agreed expectations are which will be written up as policy documents. I managed to squeeze in some time in my classroom making a start on a new display for next half term's topic which in our class will be Greece. Plenty of scope to motivate the boys with Ancient Greeck legends and volcanoes. For modern Greece we will be tasting food, learning a little Greek and of course dancing and planning our own Olympics.
I set our butterflies free, yesterday's wind would probably have pounded them against the nearest wall, and left the last few chrysalises in a sunny spot. Back home I spent some time out in the garden planting ..... canes, (they are nice long canes!) for the beans. At least it makes it look as if something is happening in my mini veg plot. The conservatory is looking quite bountiful at the moment but it's not yet time to plant things out.
This is the start of our summer half term holiday and , good weather permitting, I hope to spend most of the week out in the garden. There is also the small matter of starting to write comments for the end of year reports as well.

No comments: