Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 19 May 2011

Shadows.

After a chilly morning the sun shone brightly for the rest of the day. The conditions were perfect for the children to investigate shadows in the playground. Armed with chalk they drew round their own shadow creations and any other shadows they could find. This was a welcome relief after an intense morning (for half the class) of sitting their maths SATs test. I've already marked their papers and they have done better than I expected. All the extra maths we have been doing must have done some good. Let's hope the children who take the Level 2 test do as well. Tomorrow we are off to the local tennis centre for a schools' tennis activity morning. I rushed home early from work today because Vicky and Romas were on their way down to stay with us. For once I cooked a meal (Peter is the cook these days), and we enjoyed a roast chicken with new potatoes and broccoli. Vicky made me some low calorie muffins with banana and yogurt and I'll have one with my bedtime hot drink as I'm full from eating an unaccustomed dinner.

1 comment:

DeniseinVA said...

Such pretty photos, and I'm getting hungry for dinner after reading about yours :) Shadow games sound like fun, I wish I had thought about that when my son was young.