Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 18 May 2011

Done.

It has been drizzling for most of the day but finally cleared up late afternoon. There is a resident pair of Canadian geese on Paul's lake and this year they have successfully raised 6 fat goslings. This morning they were all in the ponies' field and decided to run across the road just as I was accelerating to get up the hill. Plenty of little stubby wings held high and flat feet flapping furiously and nobody got squashed. This evening they were spread out in a neat line working their way across the field guarded by their attentive parents.
I finally got the last of the digging done in the veg plot ready for all my little seedlings once they have been hardened off. It won't be self sufficiency but it will be satisfying to eat our own fresh produce.

I watched 'Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution' (or attempt) in LA, last night and it was horrifying to see the amount of sugar and processed food (like 100%) children there are being given in their school dinners. As one mother commented 'There is nothing fresh or even real.' I shall be interested to see if he gets anywhere in his campaign.

1 comment:

Elora said...

You are simply amazing, girl! I can't wait to see your veg garden! Photos have been especially enchanting, lately. Your weather is much like ours, too! Happy digging!!

Elora