Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 23 May 2011

Empty House :(

I felt sad this evening, knowing that I was driving home to an empty house as Romas and Vicky had to leave during the day to drive back up to Stoke. They have been such good company and helpful too. When I went indoors it was to find the kitchen all tidied up, dinner (fajitas) prepared and even the sitting room tidied and hoovered. Even before I went ondoors, Jack had come round to show me the new hound puppy which they are 'walking' for the hunt. She is only 12 weeks old and had arrived today. Of course being unable to resist puppies, kittens and most young animals I had to have a cuddle (funnily enough I don't feel the same way about human babies), and got licked in return. I can forgive her for belonging to the hunt, it's the humans I despise, not the animals following their instincts. A big fat tummy because she has just been fed.
School wasn't too bad though we did have a lot of rain in the afternoon. I let my children have a drama afternoon acting out stories from the Horrid Henry books which have been our literacy focus for the last few weeks. Linas turned up after school to collect the saucepan I had bought him and I drove him up to his doctor's appointment. This gave me the chance to drop in at the dentists' and book an appointment for next week to repair my broken tooth/filling. And as I was in the area I stopped at Homebase to see what they had in their garden section. I found some white trailing geraniums that I had been unable to find anywhere else, (expensive), an almost given away hydrangea bush which I think just needs a drink, an cheap value pack of beetroot seeds (lovely grated in salad), a small reduced pack of seed potatoes which were already sprouting so I've planted them this evening and a very reduced kit to grow courgettes of which I only want 2 plants anyway. This evening it has been windy but dry so I have been able to do some work in the garden.

2 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

That is one tubby puppy! Sounds like you're really getting that veg patch up to scratch.

happyone said...

What a belly on that puppy!!!