Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Too Wet To Garden.

The drive home tonight was very romantic with low clouds sitting down on the tops of the hills. At school we had the fine wetness that you get inside clouds. Not vertically dropping rain or the all pervading damp of mist but a fine soft spray going in all directions. I wasn't tempted to head into the garden when I got home but opted for some early blogging combined with a little jigsaw puzzle solving while I waited for the photos to appear. All my newly sown seeds have germinated and I'll have to be meticulous with my labels as the spicy salads all look exactly the same at the moment.
Then I think it'll be an early night as it was a tiring day in school especially as trying to instill the mystery of doubles and halves into the heads of some of my class of 7 year olds seems to be the equivalent of teaching them quantum mechanics. Some of them do understand and think it's rather funny that I ask them 'what is 3x2?' straight after we have worked out half of 6 and written it up as a division sum but to others its still a mystery. For a change we have been 'saying tables' formally rather than counting in 2s and later 2 of my girls sat down in their free time and wrote out the 2x tables right up to 58x2 so I must be doing something right.

No comments: