Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 16 May 2011

Smile Please.

It was cold enough this morning to make me grateful for the sheepskin gloves and fleece knee blanket that I keep in the car. Despite promises from the weather girl the day never really warmed up. We had our class photographs done today. No longer do the children stand in serried ranks, tallest at the back etc but now they are photographed in artfully arranged groups of 5 or 6 and the shots then montaged together. Last year's photos came out well but I am not so sure about this year's as the photographer had them holding various bits of PE equipment. I suppose it needs to be different from last year's picture or the parents won't pay out for another expensive class photo.
When I got home at 6.00 this evening my friend Jack was already waiting for me so once I had changed out of my 'good' school clothes into my grubby gardening clothes, we spent a happy hour digging stones and raking the final part of the veg plot.

All that needs doing tomorrow is to use some string to position the front edge of the plot. I haven't yet decided if it will be parallel to the drive or to the back of the veg plot. Then once my plants have grown to a reasonable size they can be hardened off and planted out.

No comments: