Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 25 May 2011

I'm So Happy.

The new improved Blogger wouldn't let me in yesterday and it has taken a while to get it sorted today. So Blogger wasn't what I was thinking! However when I got home today I was feeling as happy as this chaffinch that had been deafening me as I worked outside yesterday. The reason for my joy- a tiny box of wax that had come in the post. Dental wax to be accurate. My broken filling had been irritating my tongue and remembering the dental wax that the boys had for their braces I found and bought some on eBay and included a note to say how much I needed it. Last night the situation became desperate as the rest of the filling popped out leaving very sharp teeth edges that made it painful to speak or swallow. Such relief when I was able to put a little wax over those sharp edges.
More SATs at school today and much hilarity as we marked the short writing task this afternoon. Children inadvertently write such funny things, 'hand burgers and chips' was a good one.
It has been dry today so when I got home I  was able to mow all the grass and was putting away the cable when the promised heavy rain started. The farmers especially could with some rain and it was on the news this morning how badly they are being affected.

No comments: