Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 9 August 2016

Breezy.

It's been a breezy day with quite a lot of sunshine. Perfect for outdoor activities though maybe not sunbathing. My back's still not good so I need to take some time off from my gardening (weeding doesn't count). Instead I planned to do more housework type jobs which are not my favourite. I was just wiping down the front door when the estate agent rang to book a viewing for Thursday. A good reason for even more housework. Cleaning mirrors expanded into washing windows and now the 2 picture windows in the sitting room are so clear you wouldn't think there was any glass in them. I also gave the kitchen an extra going over so now everything is sparkling. 
During the sunny spells the lavender coloured buddlia was attracting Painted Lady, Red Admiral and Peacock butterflies along with honey bees. 
It's a good drying day and the sheets have been washed and ironed. I taped the opening ceremony of the Olympics to watch while doing the ironing. I'm up to letter B in the parade of the athletes so I guess there is still a lot more to watch. I'm not really into watching sport though I quite like the 'pretty' sports like gymnastics and ice skating. It can be fun to watch the whole of a competition but I don't seem to have time for that.

No comments: