Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 1 August 2016

Very Wet.

The day started with a light drizzle which quickly changed to heavy rain making it too wet for even a brief sojourn outside. My first job was to pack up a box of ceramics and glass for the charity shop. It's all good stuff like this 1950's Japanese shell design set which I don't like enough to keep and can raise some money for a worthwhile cause.
I've spent a lot of time going through my blog for 2015 making notes so that eventually I can update my family journal which got neglected when I started blogging. I see with some trepidation that last August we had a grand total of 7 1/2 sunny days. I hope today's weather isn't a foretaste of the rest of the month. I'm quite impressed with the amount of DIY work I got done last year.
This afternoon Peter went to the hospital for the ortho to look at his hand. He confirmed that he will probably need an operation but first Peter needs a scan to see exactly what needs doing. Only at that point will the 6 weeks supposed maximum wait begin.

No comments: