Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 15 August 2016

Sunny.

The sun has been shining all day making it feel like a proper summer's day. There's also been a  light breeze to cool things down a little. Peter suggested going for a walk on the cliffs but I don't think my back is up to a long walk yet. I still can't do much gardening but I cleared the hardy geraniums that were growing under and through a miniature rose bush by the patio. At one point I had to retire indoors when I was plagued by horrible flies.
I finished off a morning of housework by driving up to the road with our rubbish and re-cycling, both to be collected tomorrow morning. 
I stopped a while to watch the wheat swaying gently in the wind. This afternoon there have been sounds of much farm machinery and apart from the muck spreading which has been evident by the awful smell I suspect that the wheat was being harvested.
Once my list of jobs was done I had a lazy afternoon sitting out in the sun. Peter mowed the grass for which I was very grateful. He plans to do it all the time but recently he was suffering from an immune system arthritic flare-up. It started in one finger which swelled up in just an hour and then moved into his elbow. Rest and medication have sorted it out and he's back on his fitness regime.


No comments: