Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 5 August 2016

Windy.

It's been a day of two halves, weather wise. The morning was windy and wet which was okay as I needed to catch up on my sleep and the afternoon was windy and sunny. I had set the washing machine going before I went back to sleep so the washing was ready to hang out in the sun when it made its appearance. 
My gardening job for today was to weed under the apple trees. This involved lots of digging up of the long rooted dock and dandelions that were flourishing there. Some of the dandelions which had grown undisturbed under the old hedge for years were enormous. Needless to say there is always more weeding to do but I guess that's what the holidays are for. I did manage to finish off my day with some time reading in the sun. 
At the moment the golden marjoram is full of bees, bumble bees and little flies searching for nectar in the pink flowers. So many that the air is filled with the sound of their buzzing and humming.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Beautiful pictures. Yes, there is ALWAYS weeding to do. But I'd rather weed than clean the house! : )