Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 4 August 2016

Windy.

 Today after a stormy night I swapped country life for a day in town.
I was meeting up with my friends but this time we arranged to meet in Rock Park which has a decent enclosed play area where the twins who are now 3, could play. There is a little kiosk which when it opened provided hot drinks or ice-creams for those who wanted. There had been some rain in the morning and there were a lot of dark grey clouds around but it stayed mostly dry. That is apart from one sudden downpour at mid-day when the tree on the left provided shelter for everyone who was in the play area.
I had parked in one of the town car parks and walked along the river to Rock Park past all the Georgian houses and took some photos on my return.  
When Romas had been in the Sea Cadets we had attended several Remembrance Day services here usually arriving at the last moment in a flap because Romas had been searching for all the components of his No 1 uniform. (The cadets looked so sweet in their full naval uniforms.) I'm not sure if youngsters these days aren't used to standing for any length of time but at least 1 and usually more of the air/sea/army cadets would keel over during the service.  
After a long chatty morning I walked back to the car and took a box of ceramics and glassware to the charity shop. Then as my car park ticket was running out I drove over the bridge to Lidl's. I did some shopping in Lidl's left the car in their car park and walked back over the bridge into town to browse the shops. This time I found a top on sale, a purple sleeveless tunic that is perfect for work. Then I tried 2 garden centres in vain trying to find some plants to top up the hanging baskets. There were violas and pansies as summer bedding but I've always found that they have a couple of flowers and then that's it. So straggly hanging baskets it is for the moment.
Peter has gone out this evening to help with the gig club taster sessions. They expect to be out on the water until 8.30 or 9.00 so it will be a late evening for him. 

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Lovely photos of the sky and park. Your day sounded lovely.