Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 13 August 2016

Sunny Afternoon.

Yesterday evening I put a sun lounger in the back of my car ready to drive up the hill to watch the Perseids but unfortunately the cloud cover never shifted and there was no chance of viewing any meteor trails.
Today we woke to steady rain which  continued all morning but then suddenly cleared giving us a sunny afternoon. 
It was so nice that I treated myself to a lazy afternoon of outdoor reading surrounded by cats. I just had to ignore the sudden cold spells when clouds blocked out the sun. The buddlia bushes and golden marjoram were covered by bees and butterflies glad at last for some sunshine. Squeaky is still outside having found a sheltered sunny spot but the other 2 cats are already curled up by the rayburn.


No comments: