Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 8 August 2016

Sunny Evening.

It was cold this morning, chilly enough for me to don a fleece for my gardening. There were a few sunny spells during the day and now it looks like we will have a sunny evening. 
My main gardening job today was to weed the bed by the blackcurrants and once that was done I planted cuttings of the small sedum and saxifrages that grow in the wall. As it doesn't look as if it is going to rain I'll go out and give them a good watering to settle them in. I also took cuttings from the 5 different coloured buddlias as the last few cuttings have grown too big to move easily. There was a smaller bush that I planted in the scree garden to replace the buddlia that didn't make it through the winter. I need to buy more plant labels as I'm trying to label everything with the colour of the flowers as I have several varieties of most of my favourites.
As a break from gardening I did some paperwork and then finished oiling the legs of the garden chairs. That should see them done for this year. 
A Red Admiral butterfly on some buddlia.

No comments: