Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 17 August 2024

Dry.

The day looked quite grim to begin with, brightened up for a while and then turned grey again.
I'm pleased to report that I am suffering no ill effects from yesterday's ride apart from a small scrape over one eyebrow (drat those branches) and the loss of a gold sleeper earring. I'm a bit sad about that as it was the one of the pair that I had my ears pierced with after I was married. (My mother didn't approve of pierced ears.) Now I need to find the other silver sleeper from the pair I bought when I lost the first gold one.
As it has been dry all day I've been stripping ....... the back gate frame. There's still the top to do, some of that is rotten but I'm still hopeful that enough of the frame is sound enough for repairs to be possible. When we first moved here the space between the house and the garage was covered over and led to two lean-tos all of which we have gotten rid of. Peter thinks we should put something over the top of the gate to discourage people from climbing over. I don't think it's necessary but it's not worth arguing over.

 

No comments: