Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 3 August 2024

Third Place.

The carnival results have been published and we came 3rd which is pretty good considering how many floats there were. You can see a 13 minute video here which includes our less than accomplished singing. (at about 6.50). The Dr Who float by the group who deservedly win every year, came first and second was 'My Big Fat Borth Wedding.' There were a lot of other floats so I think we did very well in a short amount of time.
Here are a few of the decorated houses which are a big feature of the carnival-




This morning the sky was a real mix of clouds. It has stayed dry all day, hot in town but much cooler here with the breeze. Having missed doing the weekly shop yesterday I went into town after breakfast. It was very busy with all the holidaymakers, children and dogs around the place.
In the afternoon I baked a Bara Brith, chopped up all the cardboard which can't be recycled as it's been painted and did some deadheading in the garden. For the sake of the insects I try not to cut anything until the last flower is over and even then some dry seed heads are beautiful in their own right so don't get cut down. There was still enough to fill a bag and then another bag was needed for the lavender which I have cut back to stop it spreading over the whole of the herb garden.
 



2 comments:

HappyK said...

Congratulations on third place!!!
Clicked on the link but it said it was broken or removed.

Ruta M. said...

That's a shame about the link. I've just tried it and it worked for me, maybe it's some sort of Facebook thing.