Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 13 August 2024

Rain.

Sunset last night ending in what I think still counts as a green flash. (I could hear two people in the street who thought it was too.)

At last! I got to watch the Perseids last night. I had to wait until after the side street light went out at 1.30 (did today's Duo Lingo before watching videos)so that I didn't have the light in my eyes. It was considerably cooler than the night before but I wrapped up in lots of layers and lay back in the sun lounger under the Milky Way to watch the meteors. I had to wait a few minutes between each one but it was worth waiting to see those long streaks of light with their wide glittering tails. After an hour the stars began to be hidden as the clouds began to build up and I knew I wasn't going to be seeing any more meteors so went to bed.
This morning we were back to the grey and the forecast was for steady rain. I took a chance and went down to the zoo to continue weeding for a few hours. Apart from a few scattered rain drops it stayed dry and I was able to finish a number of sections. After a long chat with one of the other volunteers I came home and have had a quiet afternoon. Having soaked the willow branches for a week I had a go (not always successfully) at   bending each one in half and have left them to dry for the winter tucked into a tall waste paper bin. Right now the rain is hammering down, at least I won't need to go out and water the garden.

1 comment:

WendyAnn said...

What a wonderful time you had watching the sky. I always study your horizon pics looking for Bardsey.
Wendy (Wales)