Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 2 April 2023

A Beach Walk.

Apart from very early on there was little sun today. A generally cold, grey day.
Within minutes of walking up this morning I was making tea and preparing breakfast. Although the clouds were already rolling in I enjoyed sitting outside with my tea musing over the garden. I can see what the next few steps are but haven't yet finalised the plans for the lawn or pond/paving area. Rather than planning from a blank sheet I much prefer problem solving around existing structures and the plants I already have. Sometimes this is long process. Then I was able to start our Welsh homework before breakfast. This week we have to answer questions about a conversation (part of the course resources). I thought I was doing well by transcribing the conversation and understanding it partly by translation and partly by context. It was only later in the day when I looked at the questions that I realised I had listened to the conversation that goes with the next unit. So more stopping and starting of the correct recording until I had that written out. Luckily it was another fairly easy one.
Having had a good start to the day the afternoon seemed quite empty with no group walk. It was only going to be a short walk today followed by a meal in a pub and I don't really enjoy eating out. On the other hand eating outside as in a hot drink and a cake snack while sitting on a rock with a view of the sea and or mountains is my idea of heaven but then I'm strange like that. So instead I took myself off for a walk along the beach. As we're coming up to the holidays there were more people around including small children happily splashing in the waves. The water must have been cold but then children don't notice such things when they're having fun.
I came across a couple of these large, basketball sized jellyfish. It wasn't until I checked on-line that I identified them as barrel jellyfish. All the many barrel jellyfish that I've seen here have been clear but apparently there is a range of colours.
The most frequent bird visitors for the seeds I throw on the terrace are the dunnocks and three collared doves. This afternoon I spotted one of the collared doves having a good look through the French doors. I wonder what it was looking for?
It's quite common to hear and see helicopters here ranging from the coastguard, the military, the chap who flies up from London to land in his back garden, the police (remember them searching for drugs?) and the air ambulance. This afternoon the I could hear a helicopter low overhead and when I looked it was the air ambulance landing a couple of streets away. Not a good sign but nothing has come over the village grapevine (FB) yet.
 

No comments: