Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 17 April 2023

Grey.

The day has been dry and grey with a hint of sun in the afternoon.
There are a few cormorants around at the moment but no sign of the dolphins.

Straight after breakfast Peter put up a row of hooks (the brass pig hooks) in the utility room. I then hung up things like my handbags, all two of them, and cloth shopping bags. No space for them by the front door anymore and if we're driving we leave through the utility room and not the front door.
From then on I worked on clearing the hall. I had to rearrange a lot of stuff from the big wooden cupboard and of course I kept stopping to look through old photos or to see if there was any more paperwork I could dispose off. I've decided to hang onto all my teaching information and contracts until I'm 70. Not that I'm ever going to teach again especially here as you need to speak Welsh to work in KS1. But you never know if that information will be needed in the future by the pensions dept.
After much rearranging of various cupboards the hall is almost clear. Apart from the sewing machine there's a wooden chest which I need to put somewhere. The sunloungers may end up spending the summers in the hall and the rest of the time they can live in the garage, suitably covered of course. I've still got to bring down some sculptures from the loft and put some stuff on the walls. Considering that it isn't a very large bookcase it took an awful lot of effort to build it but I still think it was worth it. Especially as there wasn't any other option.

I was going to post the photos from my solo walk to see the Devil's Bridge but they'll have to wait until later in the week.


 

No comments: