Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 27 April 2023

Grey.

Grey and cold today.
The day has been as grey as the fat wood pigeon that comes down to feed on the terrace.
First thing this morning I marched down to the pharmacy to collect my prescriptions. There was one they didn't have in stock so I need to go back either tomorrow or next Tuesday (after the Bank Holiday). I had so much to do today that I didn't go via the beach though the sea views walking along the road are pretty good too.
Because it was due to rain around mid-day (it hasn't yet) I put a few more plants in the rockery. They were all plants that were already surviving the local conditions. One was a big clump of campanula which when I lifted the paving slab it was growing under had roots in a flat wedge that fitted perfectly into a space in the corner of the raised bed. Another was h.geranium Roxanne which although not a rockery plant will be fine next to the hydrangea around which I planted grape hyacinths resued from a planter. The rock with all the green lichen was one which Peter carried down from the upper quarry as he knew I would like it. It's now in prime position at the front of the bed alongside a smaller lichen covered rock.
Planting done I tried to get my head around the revision we've been working on for the zoom class. I've now got so many cards showing verbs and their conjugations arranged under my monitor. I put up a new one today which includes - Mi es i- I went to, Mi nes i -I did and Mi ges i -I had (for a short time as opposed to Roedd gen i - I had for a length of time). No wonder I get confused. All too soon it was time to log in to our Zoom class. Spending so much time on Monday and today going over the questions and answers certainly helped but my brain struggles. Need to find even more time for going over the lessons.

 Finished off the day with a fun hour of disco aerobics. 

No comments: