Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 25 April 2023

Missed Them Again!

A proper Borthbados day today but then it clouded over and we didn't get much of a sunset.
Yesterday my FB feed kept showing photos of the Northern Lights taken the night before from Borth. They had only been visible for a short time but yet again I had been awake at that very time. I can't believe it. Having thought they could only be seen from northern Scotland and places even further north now twice in just a few months they were visible here and I missed them. So though I'd only had four hours sleep the night before I stayed up until the street lights went out at 1.30. I got so excited when I looked outside and saw a great canopy of stars above but either there were no Northern Lights or they were hidden behind the low clouds across the northern horizon and yet again I saw nothing except the stars and the crescent moon shining over the sea.
Leaving Peter to keep an eye out for the lorry delivering the top soil I drove down to the zoo for a few hours of gardening this morning. I had weeding to do here and there and tidied up the edges of the few flowerbeds. No sign of any paths being mown through the 'wildflower meadow' yet. I'm just hoping the whole lot doesn't get mown down. I finished up by digging up some brambles and pulling up the stinging nettles that were coming through the fence. Not very good if small visitors get stung on their legs. I gave some of the stinging nettles to the guinea fowl as they are about the only animals in the zoo that eat them. A treat today was to see this wallaby joey. Unfortunately she's having to be hand reared as her mother died of a respiratory infection.
She was already leaving her mother for short periods of time but at 7 months old she still needs milk to drink and spends most of her time in a fabric pouch.
When I got home the soil had been delivered and after a short rest naturally I was back out gardening. There was an awful lot of moving of rocks, stepping back to see how they look and then rearranging them numerous times. So far I think I've managed to arrange the rocks so that they don't look too unnaturally placed. 
Then it was time for Pilates, lots of stretching and work on the hips today.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I had no idea what the animal was until you told us. So cute, sad that his mother died.