Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 12 April 2023

Stormy.

It got very stormy last night and the winds, up to 70mph according to the Met Office, carried on this morning. It's bin day and even though I put all the bags and recycling boxes behind the garden wall we still had to go and rescue them from down the road, twice! I ended up tucking them far behind the wall. Then I worried that the bin men wouldn't see them  so I listened out for the truck so that I could pop out and show the men where our rubbish was. I expect they probably had to retrieve bags from all over the place today. 
The winds calmed down for a while but it's blowing a gale again ( I can hear the wind whistling) and it's been raining on and off all day.
We carried on with the shelves and put up another three shelves today. That left us with one shelf to put up tomorrow but .......... After looking at what is already up and then balancing the top shelf on the uprights we've decided to stop at the present height. The extra shelf once filled with books would make the hall quite dark and the top of the bookcase/shelves would be above eye level and not a good place to display items such as ceramics or art works. We'll make the final decision once we've filled the shelves with books.
So tomorrow I'll paint over the screw heads and not very white brackets with white Hammerite and fill in the gaps ready for a final coat of paint. There were times as we struggled to fit warped and unevenly cut pieces together against an uneven wall that I longed for laser cut factory produced MDF (or similar) flat pack pieces but now we have something that is tailor made for our needs and I'm looking forward to seeing the final result. And it will be so good to empty out the boxes of books.

 

No comments: