Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 11 April 2023

Wet.

Nothing but rain today.
For most of the day the sea was almost flat then later on the swell began to build and now big waves are rushing across the bay.
I don't know how I thought we could put up the shelves in a day or two at the most. We worked to our limits today and just one more shelf is up. So many parts to assemble and everything to be checked and rechecked as we're trying to have all uprights matching and vertical. Amongst the tools scattered between the hall and the bathroom/workshop were set squares, spirit levels, drills, boxes of screws and at least four kinds of screwdriver. New to me and now my favourite is this stubby rachet screwdriver. It fits snugly in the palm of my hand and the rachet mechanism means that I don't have to keep turning my hand. It only has one fault in that sockets at the poles aren't marked (they turn in opposite directions) so I found it hard to remember if I had it set to screw or unscrew. A dab of nail polish should sort that out.
Last night's sunset.
It seems as if it was only a few nights ago that the sun was setting out of sight behind the headland and now it's in clear view from the house. Above is pretty much how the sunset looked to the naked eye but below is a more colourful zoomed-in view.
The light reflected off the dramatic storm clouds looked good too.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Fabulous skies!!