Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 5 July 2023

Changeable.

It was the kind of day when one minute the sky was filled with black clouds threatening rain and the next it was hot and sunny.
Worried that the rain might arrive later I began my gardening with some hedge cutting using the electric hedge trimmer. I was able to cut both the hedge at the bottom of the garden and the escallonia between us and the neighbours. I keep that one quite tall so that it blocks any view of the houses and their roofs. Later on I brought the mower down from the garage and mowed the paths around the meadow. As I mowed I saw a Meadow Brown butterfly fluttering by in the tall grasses.
I was just finisheing the hedge trimming when the builders arrived to rebuild the wall and pillar. They are coming back tomorrow to finish off. I was able to get some work done on the 'pond' as well. I've cleared out all the soil, rubble and blocks from inside the raised bed. Next step is to line the sides with the left over roofing plastic before fitting the liner and underlay.
The last event of the day was an evening spent singing with the choir. A few new faces this evening including one lady I already know from Cake & Cultivate in the Community Gardens.

 

No comments: