Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 4 July 2023

Sunny.

A sunny day with a cooling wind.
I had a wonderful night's sleep and didn't wake up until 8.30. We never rush in the mornings unless we really have to so it wasn't until later that I went down to the zoo. There are times when I wish I didn't have so many commitments and would much rather remain at home or rather in the garden. But I also know that it is important to keep a wider social circle especially as you get older. This is something I make a concious effort to do. And every time I'm out I enjoy the varied activities, company and different surroundings so it is worth it.
At the zoo I weeded to the end of the gravel that I began two weeks ago. From there I cut back some shrubs that were threatening to escape their flower bed and to end with I did some weeding around the gorilla. Not a real gorilla but a life sized model that is also a collecting box for a gorilla sanctuary. 

After I put wire netting around the bases of these buddleia bushes last year to protect them from the rabbits and gave them a good spring pruning we are now being rewarded with a mass of flowers. One bush has purple blooms and the other is covered in pink. Hopefully we will see some butterflies soon.
Back home I carried on gardening. No weeding but I made a start on clipping the longest shoots on the hedges as they're beginning to look quite raggedy. Then off to Pilates. A different teacher this week as our usual teacher is on holiday. She couldn't get the music or microphone to work so I moved down to the front row to be able to hear. It was different to our usual class, I think each Pilates teacher has their own style, but it was still good. We did a lot of roll downs and downward dog which we don't do in the class and lots of straight arm plank all of which I find not too hard so fun for me. I struggle with anything that bends the spine in the other direction and also with sit-ups. She was quite surprised to hear the seagulls stomping about on the roof. The metal roof amplifies the noise and it does sound as if a flock of ostriches is crashing around up there.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I agree it is nice to keep busy with different activities.