Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 11 July 2023

Cloudy.

While the morning looked as if we were going to have rain in the end it was a cloudy and warm day.
With clouds hanging low over the hills I played safe and drove to the zoo instead of cycling. I just don't fancy cycling home in the rain.
At the zoo I weeded more of the safety zone and was brought another large barrow load of woodchip. One more to go and the whole thing will be done. However when I went for a stroll around to see what needs doing next I found that both of the play areas need weeding urgently.
The guinea fowl look headless when they sleep with their heads tucked under their wings. I guess that having a couple of the flock alert and ready to sound the alarm call means the others can rest in peace.
Instead of rushing to do more gardening when I got home I got on with some crochet. Sitting out on the terrace of course. This square is verging more towards red and orange, it will be interesting to see how it turns out.
This is why I leave the native linaria growing around the garden. Not only is it a pretty flower but the bees love it too. 

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I too enjoy sitting outside doing some needlework or reading. :)