Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 8 July 2023

Cloudy.

Cloudy all day and it kept looking and feeling as if it was going to rain at any moment but didn't until later in the afternoon.
It's Peter's birthday today. He doesn't like a fuss so it was just a few small presents and I cooked some bacon for breakfast. We know how to live it up.
A lone, older yacht spent the night moored in the bay. The heavy swell rolling in was making the yacht twist and turn in every direction which would either give you a very good night's sleep or a bad case of sea sickness. I'm guessing the former for this guy.
I was out before breakfast working out the best arrangement of the coping stones. Once breakfast was over I was back in the garden mixing mortar and sticking down said stones. After that I used up almost all of the two bags of saved top soil/compost to fill the raised bed. Then came the fun job of planting. The overflow from the pond goes into the central bed which should keep it nice and wet for the astilbes. If they don't like being so close to the sea winds plan B is to have mint growing there. I planted some grasses to blow in the wind and some shorter plants in the other bed. All that's left to do is put on the rest of the coping stones once they are delivered.
We had good 5-6ft surf in the afternoon which brought out the surfers.
Love the sea colours.

 

No comments: