Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 25 July 2023

Zoo Day.

Once again we've had a cloudy morning followed by a sunny afternoon with plenty of wind.
Late in the morning I took myself down to the zoo. Driving not cycling in case the clouds turned to rain. There I managed to weed the woodchip in the whole of the small play area. As I weed the woodchip I dig it over to give the very wet and compacted old woodchip a chance to dry out. Often parents tell their children they can't go on the play area because 'The lady is working there.' so I quietly let the adults know it's fine but warn them that it's a bit mucky. Some parents keep their children off the wet woodchip so they don't spoil their holiday clothes and fancy shoes but others don't mind. It's always interesting to listen to how parents interact with their children. 
I was wondering why some areas of the wild flower meadow had all the long grasses knocked down and now I know. Mr Pea likes sunbathing there.
Back home I had enough time to mix up another bucket of mortar and fill the gaps between the coping stones in my rustic fashion. To make sure the mortar didn't fall out of the overhang of the small stones that make the curve at the corner I propped up bits of wood underneath. So far it seems to have worked. I'm also slowly rebuilding a small wall by the front gate. Only a row or two at a time as the stones are solid granite and any more would squash out the mortar.
Then it was time for Pilates. As I walked down to the hall in the warm sunshine I appreciated how lovely it was to be walking beside the sea as indeed I have to do to do anything in the village. Down on the beach children were playing, people were out in and on the water and a small sailboat was coming ashore after an afternoon of sailing. Along the High Street the bunting is going up, strung across the road between lamposts and houses in preparation for the carnival, people are sprucing up their gardens and everything feels very festive.

 

No comments: