Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 17 July 2023

Stone Cutting.

Wet morning, sunny afternoon.
I'm running on fumes at the moment (7.30pm) due to a slight lack of sleep. I fell asleep around 1.00 last night/morning? which is quite good for me then woke up at 2.00. The weird thing was that I felt reasonably alert and definitely not ready to sleep again. Rather than lie in bed for hours listening to the World Service on my earphones I got up and went to watch tv. That I did until daylight at 5.00 by which time I had two choices, go back to bed and try to sleep for a few hours (I had no aches and pains so no reason to take a pain killer) with the resulting messing up of the day or I could officially declare myself 'up' and get on with my day. So 'up' it was. I sat out on the terrace, this time clutching a coffee. Felt almost ready to get going but went inside to make a second (decaff) coffee. That was when the clouds rolled in, photo above but darker in reality as it was a thunderstorm. Rumbles of thunder and a flash of lightning just before I took the photo. Had my coffee while I did Duo Lingo instead. Got all the morning routine done and was able to head back outside this time with a mug of Earl Grey. 
By the time Peter got up and we'd had breakfast the sun had returned and we were able to get the pond coping stones done. I say we but in fact it was Peter who cut the stones while I just drew pencil lines for him to cut along. Mixing mortar and sticking the stones down needs a whole day so for now the stones are just sitting on the wall. I moved the osteospermum into a pot so that the hydrangea shelters it and I can give it more protection in the winter. Maybe move it to the back garden.

It got very dusty down where Peter was cutting which made the spiders' webs show up nicely. They probably lost all their stickyness but spiders make new webs every day.
I love my unconventional troughs by the street wall. 
After gardening I did some crocheting and now I'm beginning to fade. Peter is out at a meeting and I hope he won't be too late home. 

 

No comments: