Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 24 July 2023

Much Laughter in the Library.

There was heavy rain in the night while the day has been sunny and very windy.
This morning we went off to Mach for our usual meet up in the library. We're getting to  the stage where we can make jokes in Welsh so there was much hilarity. We even make the Welsh speaking librarian laugh as she tries to do her work.
Afterwards I had my usual skip round the charity shops and found some extra long white fur fabric which I can use to make Peter's beard and moustache for the carnival. Finally it has been decided by the rowing club that the theme will be 'The Little Mermaid' and Peter is going to be Triton. He'll be sitting in the boat as the walking would be too much for him. It wasn't until he'd agreed to it that he found out from me he'll need a mermaid's tail and long white hair, beard and moustache and be bare chested. It's a good thing I'm used to making costumes.
On our return from Mach I mixed up some mortar and stuck down the coping stones around the pond. I still need to point between the stones so the job's not quite finished but I'm almost there. 


 

No comments: