Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 1 August 2023

Dry.

At last, a day without rain which made a nice change though of course it would be awful to never have rain.
I love being able to start my day with a coffee outside while I do some wave and bird (young gulls) watching.
It wasn't until after I had driven down to the zoo that the dark clouds finally cleared and we had a lovely sunny day. At the zoo I did the usual things, weeding and more weeding. I hand cut one narrow strip of grass, and gave the cuttings to the rabbits. I'd planted some valerian there in spring and in spite of being munched by Willow the goat soon after three of the plants have survived and I wanted to make sure that they didn't get strimmed in the general grass cutting that is going on at the moment. Not so lucky was the wild flower meadow which once again has been razed to the ground. Some of it did look untidy especially after Mr Pea had been sleeping in the long grass but a bit of it could have been kept. That of course is just my opinion.
Now that it's holiday season the village has filled up with almost every parking space along the High Street filled and people milling everywhere. (Lots of visitors at the zoo too.) After I'd spent three hours at the zoo I drove down to the far end of the village where I ended up parking in one of the few side streets before walking back to the shop full of lovely crafted items. I was happily chosing Christmas and birthday presents when I heard the shopkeeper tell a customer that his card machine wasn't working and he could only do cash sales. As I'd been planning to use my card that brought my shopping spree to an end and I'll have to return another day.
Back home I mixed up a bit more mortar and stuck the next row of blocks down on the garden wall. Then there was just time for Duo Lingo before heading down to the hall for Pilates.

 

No comments: