Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 8 August 2023

Where has the summer gone?

Light but steady rain for most of the morning which finally cleared later in the afternoon.
In my head I associate August with the summer and long sunny days but today was distinctly autumnal. The temperature may have only dropped a degree or two but I needed to put on my fingerless mittens this morning to stave off the chill from my fingers. Funnily enough playing the piano, which I did this morning, always warms me up. I'm don't wave my arms about or leap up and down, only go through scales and arpeggios but that's enough for me to have to shed my fleece minutes after starting. Maybe it's having to think about where to put my fingers that does it, I seem to remember hearing somewhere that having to concentrate burns lots of extra calories.
With it being too wet to go to the zoo I've spent the day having a sort out in my study. I have lots of nice storage tubs on the shelves and in the filing cabinet but since the move, three years ago! I've mainly thrown stuff into any handy tub without a proper system. It's looking a bit better now but there's still a long way to go.
Off in a mo to Pilates hoping I don't get rained on on the walk back.
 I'm back and it was even warmer on the walk home with an interesting sunset to follow.



1 comment:

happyone said...

Seems like the seasons come and go faster than ever!!!