Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 7 August 2023

Dry.

A lot of clouds today but also a lot of sun. Any day when it isn't raining is a good day as far as I'm concerned.
First thing this morning we drove to the hilltop barn where the camper lives. The plan was to put a new battery in the camper so that it can go for its MOT. I went along to help because the arthritis in Peter's hands makes fiddly work difficult. In the end all I had to do was hand out tools and the camper is now up and running. I took advantage of the view to take a few photos of Borth on the left, the rerouted River Leri on the right and Snowdonia in the distance.
As soon as we got home Peter loaded up the car with all the bags of garden waste and took them down to the dump. While he was out he bought some sturdy hinges for the inner gate. With the area no longer looking like a scruffy dumping ground I began to tidy up. That was one of those jobs where one thing led to another, and another and another. First I put some more plants in the small raised bed which was full of bluebells but nothing else. I've now added some Tulbaghia (social garlic), a valerian and some linaria for the insects. Then I swept up the paving slabs and progressed to digging out the weeds, mainly dandelions, growing between the slabs. With my eyes on the cracks between the slabs I realised that most of the sand had been replaced by soil so out that came too. Once everything was dug out I made a dry mix of sand and cement which I rammed into the cracks. I still had some mix left over so I added water and used that mortar to stick down the loose cap stone on the pillar. Not the one the builders are supposed to be coming back to do properly. Just the gate to make and one more part of the garden will be done.
The sun was still shining when I finished so Speedy and I sat out on the terrace for a while.
The crocosmia that I bought a Cae Hir is flowering, a cheery yellow flower.
Lovely evening clouds so possibly a good sunset.
 

No comments: