Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 14 August 2023

Wet.

There was heavy rain in the night which carried on for most of the day.
While Peter went off to town I baked a marble cake and put some pictures up in the loft. That was one of those jobs I've been meaning to do for a long time. I did take a saw up there thinking I might be able to dismantle two heavy internal glass doors so I could bring them down to dispose of. Unfortunatley that wasn't possible and they'll have to be brought down whole and for that I'll need help. They must fit through the hatch or else how did they get in the loft in the first place?
With the rain finally stopping I went out to cut down the everlasting pea which is proving to be too big for its space. I pulled out about half of the long roots but I won't be surpised if it tries to grow next year. 
The carved sign for the garden gate arrived today. It will bring a smile to fellow fans and I expect everyone else will just think I'm a bit odd. Not that anyone apart from us uses that gate.
I picked the first of the tomatoes - Principe Borghese, today. Lots more green fruit waiting for a bit of sun to ripen them up. 

 

No comments: