Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 6 December 2023

Outside Decorations.

A little bit of sun today with some wind.
There was enough wind to make it worth hanging out the washing, throws and cushion covers from the sitting room which are now hanging in the utility room for a last bit of drying.
This morning Peter went off for his long awaited appointment at the hospital. It turns out that he had actually torn his ligament which is now mending. He's going to have an injection right into the ligament a procedure that requires a local anaesthetic. Hopefully that will be soon. All his rowing and exercising at home has kept his muscles in good shape but he's now on a watch list re the arthritis in his knee and the only solution will be a knee replacement.
Only now have I remembered that the boiler man was supposed to be coming to service the boiler right at the time when I was out in the garden putting up the big driftwood tree. But for nearly all that time I would have been clearly visible from the road so Peter's going to ring and find out what happened. (The chap does has health problems.)
Anyway, here's the tree with a few additions for this year. Presents made from wood offcuts and plastic rope and JOY spelt out in beach stones. While I was laying out the branches on the pavement a lady came past with her dogs and told me that she enjoys seeing my tree each year. I've always wondered what people think of my creative efforts and it's nice to get a positive comment.
Walking along the road in the dark last night brought home to me just how few houses in the village and especially up here, are occupied in the winter. Almost all the houses were dark. I'm not sure if it's sad to see the place so desolate or if I quite enjoy the relative peace.
As I walked down I could just see the cheerful twinkling lights of the window displays in the beach Shop and the neighbouring café. Here is a video of the whole display. The Christmas tree outside the RNLI hasn't got its lights yet and overall there are very few lights up in the village. Walking up from the corner yesterday all I could see was one house with two small lit trees in the front porch and the lights around our window. My Pilates/aerobics teacher has a nice display of white lights and stars in her windows but she wasn't back from the Hall then and so far our next-door neighbour hasn't put up his colourful roof lights. There is one house in the next road that has full house lights including a sleigh and reindeer but you can't really see it from Cliff rd.

 

No comments: