Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 20 December 2023

Stormy.

Rain at times today but always grey and very windy. Another storm is heading this way from the north.
More crocheting today and yay! I'm on the last square. There were times when I wondered if I'd have it done in time for Christmas especially as I've been trying to keep up with as much of my routine as possible. Late at night sitting up in bed has been a good time to work and during the day I alternate between sitting at the kitchen table watching the sea and tucked away in my cosy study with a podcast or Radio 4. As I sat in the kitchen I could here the familiar thumping of a recycling box blowing down the road. I'd already rescued our box once and tucked it in behind the street wall. Sure enough when I looked our box was still in place but somebody's box had blown down the road and was heading for the edge of the cliff. I retrieved the box but couldn't see where it had come from (it's bin day today). I've left it on the pavement with a stone inside to stop it blowing away again but so far nobody has claimed it.

The postman brought more cards today including this lovely card painted by my talented cousin. 
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

The card is beautiful!!!