Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 30 December 2023

Wet.

The day began with light rain and a flat sea and progressed to very heavy and even torrential rain at times and stronger waves rolling in. Right now (6 pm) I can hear long rumbles of thunder out at sea so I guess the rain is here for a while longer. Oh the relief in not having to run out to check that the drive isn't being washed away by the rain.
I've had a much quieter day, as near to a rest day as I'm likely to get. After an ironing session and one more load in the washing machine I'm almost there with returning my room to a study and a state of readiness for the next visit. Now that the throw is in its new home and there aren't completed squares and balls of wool scattered around the study looks so much more calming and peaceful. I shall try hard to keep it that way. This year I shall begin the New Year Clean (like a Spring Clean but starting in January) at this end of the house and sort my study first. 
This afternoon I was able to unpack two more tubs of clothing, hanging some in the wardrobe and putting aside a whole lot to take to the charity shops. I'm giving away of all the smart but comfortable tunic tops that I used to wear to work. They're not really my style now and I would like to get rid of any reminders of those very unpleasant last few years at work. I have hung onto some light cotton tops in the hope that maybe one day I might be on holiday somewhere warm and sunny. You never know, it might happen.
Speedy this morning eating bits of old toast I had put out for the birds. Peter cleared away the remainder so as not to attract the seagulls and encourage them to hang around in the hope of more. (I hadn't realised they had been down on the terrace yesterday.) I threw some seeds out instead and later saw a dunnock feeding on them.
 

No comments: