Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 10 December 2023

Storm Fergus.

Today it has been Storm Fergus bringing us both wind and lots of rain.
I was having my morning reviving cup of tea, sitting in bed today, when Peter noticed a strange glow in the sky. Going outside to look, well you have to don't you? the rising sun made the sky look as if it was on fire and out at the front a rainbow was arching over a cloud.
During the day there was the very occasional patch of sunlight between the clouds which were heavy with rain.

There was no walk today but a pub Christmas meal instead. I had already declined the invitation and explained that meals out are not really my thing. Which they have never been. A cup of coffee and a sandwich in the outdoors is more me though I don't mind properly cooked fish and chips. I would much rather spend my money on a riding lesson or plants for the garden. Instead I sat at the kitchen table watching the view and working on my crocheting though I hadn't realised just how long it takes to undo work. And I have learned that it's almost impossible to undo  mohair wool and ended up cutting off the small sections I had done with mohair. I won't be able to re-use the smaller balls of wool but I have a cunning plan ..... .
While I worked I kept my eyes open for waterspouts. A weather report had said they were a possibility and the weather conditions looked similar to the day we had a waterspout in the summer. I missed seeing that one and only saw other people's photos. But waterspouts, there were none.

Later part of the sky turned pinkish purple as the setting sun was reflected on the clouds to the east of us.
Now for Strictly and then ....... more crocheting. I can't crochet and watch tv at the same time as there is so much counting to do and frequent changes of colours.
 

No comments: