Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 19 October 2008

Autumn Colours.

Pete has spent the day battling with his maths assignment. It's been made more stressful by the fact that unlike the IT assignments it can't be submitted on line but has to be posted which reduces the deadline by 2 days. The decorating continues and I'm nearly there apart from building a cupboard and repairing or replacing the door. Romas helped me take the carpets outside so we could use the old carpet as a template. At one point we had a little lie down on our posh carpeted patio! Part of the old carpet , which was already recycled, will be used as a mat for Romas to put his drums on at gigs and we cut out some smaller bits to protect the carpet in Pete's new car.
It has been almost dry today but I have forced myself to get on with the decorating and not do any gardening. I had a little walk around outside after a sparrow hawk flew past only a few feet away from the window but I couldn't see what it was up to.
The big tree in the corner of the garden is rapidly losing its leaves and the lawns are all covered with dry brown leaves. The beech hedges are coppery gold but once the leaves fall the new buds won't break until the first week in April.


Following a suggestion from Gemma I crawled around on the wet bank to get some shots of the sun shining through the autumn leaves. This was my favourite shot of some azalea leaves that are turning a rich red.

This spirea is not so dramatic but still looks quite good.


2 comments:

Marrisa said...

Beautiful photos! Look at the amazing colours, wow its that time of year again there? I feel like the NZ seasons seem to change so dramatically, I loved Autumn in the UK xx

GemmieV said...

was i right or was i right abotu the flowers :P good pictures lots of pretty colours. Il definetly come up for a day or two, if i bring linas up with me then i wont have to worry about travelling up and down the link road to see everyone in time. im going to see my dad on the 27th til the 29th so will be home on 29th, if i go pick linas up then we can come up and stay on the 30th which is thursday and we can leave the boys shooting while we go shooting :D if u like we can get up proper early and get some pics of the sun coming up xx