Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 13 October 2008

A Day at Home.


Still warm but a soft rain all morning. Now that the room is nearly clear I spent the morning preparing the walls in Linas' room for painting. There are a lot of dart holes and worse which had to be filled in. Two of the walls will have to be re-papered first. I haven't done much papering as I only like to have plain painted walls with maybe a tiny bit of stenciling. So that will be fun.
Early this morning Linas went with Pete to Exeter from where he can get a bus back to Plymouth.
Romas returned home later in the morning with 2 friends. Sam had passed his driving test on Friday but was only insured from today which was why they hadn't come over for an airsoft weekend. They did a bit of shooting but conditions weren't ideal.
Later on the sun came out and I was able to do some weeding.

After carrying several loads of brambles and bracken to the bonfire site, I sat down and did a little cloud gazing. It was so peaceful. There were several distinct layers of clouds moving at different speeds. It almost sent me to sleep , until a big grey rain cloud hid that lovely blue sky.



Skyscapes.








This is a photo from last week showing the Shirwell trees dominating the landscape.


If you're interested in photography you might like to visit www.gemmiev.blogspot . Gemma is Linas' girlfriend. She has been taking photos for some time and is studying photography at college. Enjoy.






3 comments:

GemmieV said...

:D

woo free advertising!

Catching the Magic said...

I love that you think of taking photographs of the sky like that! Here I am reading various things and then I'm hit with a beautiful photograph of the sky and feel myself projected out onto a meadow, lying on a blanket with a picnic basket by my side, dreaming an afternoon away watching the clouds. Magic!

Isaac and Jenni Marshall said...

Thanks for the note! I enjoyed all of the green landscapes in your photos- we don't see much of that in Dubai! Take care=)