Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 1 October 2008

Morte Point.

It was a wild and stormy night. The shipping forecast last night gave gale force 8 for this area and the winds continued into today.

Early morning at the top of the drive.

I had the day at home so the morning was spent hoovering ,chopping wood and clearing up. I had a carload of stuff for the dump then I rewarded myself with a walk at Morte Point. This is my favourite local walk because the rugged landscape reminds me of Cornwall , where I grew up.






I spotted three seals down in this gully. We usually see the seals in this area but you do have to know what you are looking for. One can be seen just on the edge of the shadow in the gully.


I took lots of photos of the seals but they were quite far away and most of the pictures were of the ' that dark smudge is a seal' variety.

Despite a heavy shower as I arrived in Mortehoe the skies eventually cleared though the wind remained really strong.

I took lots more photos but I'll save them for a later past.


2 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

Help, I thought I was going to go over the edge there. Fantastic pictures Ruta, I could almost taste the salt water in my mouth!

Julie

Catching the Magic said...

Wow - I felt like I'd been transported right there looking at your photographs! What a stunning, rugged coastline full of character.

Sarah x